In terms of Tamil Nadu government order No.1198 of 29.3.1937, the temple was brought under the direct supervision of the Board of Hindu Trust and in terms of the order No,. 10 of 8.1.1953, of the Commissioner of Hindu Religious Trust, Chennai, the powers of the Administrative Officer and the Board of Trustees were defined and the temple was brought under the administration of the Department of Hindu Religious Trust.
From being administered by first grade executive officer, the administration was upgraded in phases and today it is being administered by a Joint Commissioner/ Executive Officer.
The Temple has 125 inside staff and 93 outside staff, 40 part time staff totaling 258 members. There are also seven Foreign service staff